Pages

.

Katie

Katie

About Me

Rome, Georgia, United States
I am a newlywed who loves my husband and the life we are creating. Life is sweet and I treasure the memories we are creating together along our journey!
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Friday, July 27, 2012

This Week at the Beavers

So..Life in Rome is quickly turning into our new normal. I am still looking for a job and that is really starting to grind my nerves. There is just nothing more frustrating in life than earning a college degree and then not being able to find ANY job after you graduate. It starts to affect how you feel about yourself after a while...

Anyways, here is what Trey and I have been doing this week!


We LOVE going to explore Berry's campus when we have time. Earlier this week we went to Berry's Possum Trot Church. It was built in 1850 and was used as a church and a school where Martha Berry taught and it continued to be open until 1954. It is so unique and amazing to see such an old church and schoolhouse, with original scripture that Martha Berry wrote still displayed on the walls! This girl is a huge history buff and I am ECSTATIC over all the history there is in Rome.

"I have found the one my heart Loves" Song of Songs 3:4

My super sweet husband made this for me for the wall above our dresser in our bedroom! I LOVE IT!!
I am so blessed to have found such an amazing man to spend the rest of my life with. This is one of our favorite verses.


We spent an annoying amount of time at the DMV lately (when did the name change to DDS??). I finally got my new lisence with my new last name on it in the mail this week! I am not the biggest fan of the picture- but I am glad to know that I am officially and legally a 'Beavers'. Now all I have left to do is change my passport. I have got to hop on that soon though because as much as our family loves to travel, you never know when I will need it : )


We had taco night this week which is one the easiest and best meals around the Beavers household. Georgia really loves taco night too- she is always eager to see if she gets any leftovers!


And we have played A LOT of our favorite game- Banangrams! 


Trey and I are so excited to get started watching the Olympics opening ceremony tonight! I love the olympics. I think it is absolutely amazing to have a chance to watch the most talented athletes in the world for three weeks all in one place. Ahh, gives me chills just thinking about it : ) My favorite olympic events are swimming, gymnastics, diving and track. And a double hooray for kicking all the Olympic fun off with gymnastics TOMORROW! 


Have a wonderful weekend and Go TEAM USA! 



No comments:

Post a Comment